What if you could make the divorce process less stressful, confusing, and lonely?
With Fresh Start online divorce course by PurplCouch, you will learn the legal, financial, and emotional information you need to be more empowered - in a week or less.
Online Divorce Course
This video course from PurplCouch features interviews with divorce pros including an attorney, financial planner, tax preparer, couple and family therapist, and a child psychologist. Produced and organized by me, Sarah Lyman, a communications professional who's gone through my own divorce.
Registration includes access for you and an ally.
That's less than the cost of 90 minutes with an attorney
If you are like I was, you’re on an emotional roller coaster with this impending divorce. The paperwork, the finances, how to tell the kids, conflicting advice from well-meaning friends, the big decisions - it’s all so overwhelming. And it feels like you’re on this road all alone.
What if there were a way on this divorce journey to take back a little control?
That’s exactly why I created Fresh Start online divorce course by PurplCouch. Take control of your divorce journey in about a week.
- Imagine you had a divorce roadmap.
- Imagine hearing the top takeaways from five professionals who work every day in the field of divorce.
- Imagine hearing divorce stories from folks who have been where you are right now - and who made it to the other side and are thriving.
- Imagine a way to think differently about your divorce.
And now, imagine you did all of this with your best ally by your side.
You are ...
Just thinking about divorce.
Maybe things aren’t right with your partner but you haven’t had “the” discussion or decision yet. This course lays out a bunch of things to consider. You’ll be better informed to make that decision with your whole heart - and head.
On the divorce journey.
You’ve started the process, or maybe you’re mostly done with it. There’s something in here for each stage. Honestly, I learned so much from these pros when I interviewed them, and I was already divorced!
An ally to someone getting divorced.
You want to help but you just don’t know how. This course is the perfect gift. You can watch the videos together - this will make them feel less alone, and you two can debrief afterwards. We have content specifically for you to be an even stronger support ally.
How Does This Work?
Step 1 Enroll in the course.
Step 2 Check your email inbox for your login info so you can jump right in - AND a code that you can send to your ally so they can access the course too.
Step 3 Follow the course, watch the videos, download the worksheets – and debrief with your ally.
Step 4 Start thinking differently about your divorce. Begin re-framing from “failed marriage” to “fresh start”.
Money Back Guarantee. If you are not fully satisfied with this course, contact me within 30 days of purchase and I will refund 100% of your money. No hoops or stress.
Fresh Start Course Content
What do you get when you enroll in Fresh Start? A series of videos (each 20 minutes or less), articles, and resources, organized into modules. I weave together advice from these five extraordinary divorce professionals.
- Understanding abuse Abuse takes many forms, and can happen to folks of any gender and sexual orientation.
- Tunes to go with your divorce [so many songs] Music is my go-to when I'm up - and when I'm down.
- My divorce story My divorce story in a nutshell, complete with fall - and rise.
- So you just announced your divorce bingo, by Kimberly Harrington
- Dear Ally Dear Ally, I'm so grateful to you. Here's how you can best support your person through their divorce.
- Tabitha's Divorce Story Tabitha speaks candidly about race and divorce.
- The four types of divorce There are four types of divorce, each with their own pros and cons.
- Collaborative divorce: a deep dive A deeper exploration of collaborative divorce.
- Infidelity This TED talk by Esther Perel rocked my thinking on infidelity.
- Selecting a divorce professional Tabitha shares tips for selecting a professional - or a team of professionals.
- Assets & planning Splitting your marital assets can be complicated: here's what to expect.
- Taxes Divorce will have a significant impact on your taxes. Here's what to expect.
- Benefits & barriers to therapy Therapy can help you process the immediate stress of a divorce, and can guide you to a better understanding of yourself and your actions.
- Sh*t my therapist says about: doom-scrolling I’m three quarters of my way through a $7 bottle of chardonnay.
- How to thrive in your fresh start Deep breath. You've got a lot to consider as you make this big life change.
- A final message to you You. Got. This.
Bonus Module: KIDS
- How to tell your kids How and when to let your children know that you and your spouse are separating.
- Children & divorce How to make your divorce easier on your children.
- Case study: one child's expression Revealing a child's emotions and understanding of divorce through play.
- Styles of co-parenting There are four styles of co-parenting after divorce.
- Dos & don'ts for parenting after divorce Some tips for becoming cooperative parents.
- Dating & step families Strategies for helping your children adjust to your dating after divorce.
- Children & finances Decisions about child support and custody have financial ramifications.
Hi, I'm Sarah Lyman
When I was getting divorced from my husband, I didn’t know what I was doing. I spent hours searching Google, unsure of whom to trust, and feeling hopeless about the future. There had to be an easier way. With two decades in communications and design, I started interviewing divorce pros, and wove their advice into a video course to help others.
When I was furnishing my new home after my divorce, I suddenly realized that I didn’t need anyone else’s input on the furniture. I got this gorgeous velour purple couch. PurplCouch.com is a symbol of the empowerment we get when we look forward and write the next chapter of our lives. What will be your "purple couch" moment? Oh, and one of the things I discovered after my divorce is that I enjoy watercolor painting! I'm still learning and all of the artwork on this site is mine.
I wish I had come across this before I started this journey. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. It was excellent. Period.
The design is beautiful, the content is well organized, the experts are terrific.
The course is cathartic, and I think this is a VERY good thing. It allows a safe space to grieve but also to be confident to move forward. Being able to pause to think and process conflicting emotions is important.
What if I’m too busy for this?
I already have a lawyer - will this help me?
I don’t have a lawyer - will this help me?
When does it start and how long do I have access?
What if I’m not happy with the course?
How long will this take?
Will I get individualized legal and financial advice?
Fresh Start Online Divorce Course
Grab this course now before the price goes up. Registration includes videos, worksheets, and resources. And it's for you and an ally, which makes this price two-for-one.
Are you ready to start re-framing your divorce from failed marriage into fresh start?
That's less than the cost of 90 minutes with an attorney.